If you’re a small business owner, then your credit card may be one of your most valuable tools. The right small business credit card offers you a way to separate out your company expenses, a means of short-term financing, and even valuable rewards.
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card helps you to score big on all three of these features. It offers 3% cash back on many common business purchases, while giving you 15 months of 0% APR financing (then 18.99% to 27.99% variable) on both new purchases and balance transfers.
You can even earn a $500 cash back bonus for opening a new account. But best of all, it does this while imposing no annual fee.
What Is the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card?
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is a credit card for small business owners that offers both cash back rewards and a promotional financing offer.
As a new applicant, you can earn $500 cash back after using your card to spend $4,500 within 150 days of account opening. New accounts also receive 15 months of 0% APR introductory financing on both new purchases and balance transfers, with a 3% balance transfer fee.
This card also offers you 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants. You earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, and it even features a $100 credit for recurring software subscription expenses such as FreshBooks or QuickBooks.
And like many small business credit cards, this card allows you to track your business spending using free online tools. These tools produce reports that give you a complete picture of your business’s credit card spending.
What Sets the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Apart?
Most credit card issuers offer a variety of small business credit cards, and many of these provide cash-back rewards. But this card stands out for a few reasons:
- Strong 0% APR promotional financing offer. The best interest free financing offers are typically found on cards marketed to consumers, and the offers found on small business credit cards are rarely in the same ballpark. But this 15 month offer for both new purchases and balance transfers is one of the best available for a small business card.
- $500 cash back new account bonus. This isn’t the largest cash bonus available for new accounts, but it’s still very competitive. It’s also helpful that you have 150 days (five billing cycles) to reach the minimum spending requirement of $4,500. Many other small business cards have larger spending requirements that you must meet within three months.
- Unlimited 3% cash back reward categories. You earn 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants. But unlike many cards, there’s no cap on the amount of purchases that are eligible for the 3% cash back.
- $100 annual credit for accounting software purchases. Not only does this card not have an annual fee, you receive a $100 credit every 12 months for recurring software subscription expenses such as FreshBooks or QuickBooks.
Key Features of the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
This small-business credit card has a simple rewards structure, a strong promotional financing offer, and very competitive cash back rewards.
Earn $500 in cash back after spending $4,500 on your card within 150 days of account opening.
Earn unlimited 3% cash back on eligible purchases at gas and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants. You also earn 5% cash back on prepaid car and hotel reservations booked in the U.S. Bank travel rewards center using your card.You earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Cash back may be redeemed as a statement credit, U.S. Bank Rewards Card, or deposited to your U.S. Bank business checking, savings or money market account.
0% Intro APR Promotion
New accounts also receive 15 months of 0% APR introductory financing on both new purchases and balance transfers made within 30 days of account opening, with a 3% balance transfer fee.
Once the 0% intro APR promotion ends, the ongoing purchase and balance transfer APR is 18.99% to 27.99% based on your creditworthiness when you open your account.
This card has no annual fee. There’s a 3% balance transfer fee and a 3% foreign transaction fee imposed on all charges processed outside the U.S.
This card requires good or better credit to qualify. If your FICO score is much below 700, then you’ll likely have trouble being approved. However, this is pretty standard for a small business credit card.
Pros & Cons
This is one of the best no-annual-fee business credit cards around, but it’s not perfect. The foreign transaction fee is a bummer, as is the lack of travel transfer arrangements with top airlines and hotels.
- No annual fee
- Up to 5% cash back on eligible purchases
- Sign-up bonus is well above average
- $100 credit towards accounting software
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- No travel rewards points to transfer to external partners
- Few cardholder benefits
This card has several advantages over its competitors, including its new account bonus, introductory financing, cash-back rewards, and low fees.
- No annual fee. This card has no annual fee. Having an annual fee can be a dealbreaker for some frugal business owners.
- Great bonus rewards. It’s really fantastic to get unlimited 3% cash back on common business purchases like gas and EV charging stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers, and restaurants.
- Impressive sign-up bonus for a no-annual-fee card. This card has one of the best offers out there for a small business credit card with no annual fee.
- Very competitive 0% intro APR offer. This card’s 15-month 0% APR introductory financing offer (then 18.99% to 27.99% variable) is valid for both new purchases and balance transfers. Offers of this length are common for consumer cards, but almost unheard of for small business products.
- $100 credit towards accounting software. If your small business uses FreshBooks or QuickBooks, then it’s like you’re starting each year $100 in the black even before you earn any rewards.
There’s no annual fee for this card, but its gets you with a foreign transaction feeif you travel outside the U.S., or if you need to make a purchase that’s processed outside the U.S. This card also isn’t a favorite of those who love award travel.
- 3% foreign transaction fee. These unnecessary fees are largely obsolete, so it’s disappointing to see it on this card. So when you think U.S. Bank, you should remember only to use this card in the U.S. Find a different card if you’re traveling outside the U.S., or need to make a credit card purchase that will be processed outside of the U.S.
- No travel rewards points. If you’re an award travel enthusiast, you can sometimes earn more value by collecting travel rewards points that can be transferred to airlines and hotels. If this sounds like you, then this isn’t the right card.
- Not a lot of cardholder benefits. Some small business owners love travel insurance and purchase protection benefits. But U.S. Bank doesn’t advertise any for this card.
How the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Stacks Up
One of U.S. Bank’s closest competitors is the Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards credit card from Bank of America. It also has no annual fee, an attractive new account bonus, and a 0% intro APR financing offer. The U.S. Bank card has a much more attractive introductory financing offer, and its bonus cash-back doesn’t have limits.
|U.S. Bank||Bank of America|
|Rewards Rate||Unlimited 3% on select purchases.||2%-3% cash back, with limits.|
|0% Intro APR||Yes, purchases and balance transfers||Yes, purchases only|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3%||3%|
|Credit Needed||Good or better||Good or better|
The U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card gets your attention with $500 cash back for new accounts, along with an appealing introductory financing offer. But it keeps you interested by offering unlimited 3% cash back on purchases from popular business categories.
You’re not going to find too many other small-business credit cards that offer 15 months of interest-free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers, nor will you find many cards with unlimited 3% cash back categories. If cash-back rewards and promotional financing are the qualities that you’re looking for, then the U.S. Bank Triple Cash Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is a card that you must consider.